Sign up Calendar Latest Topics
 
 
 


Reply
  Author   Comment   Page 160 of 161     «   Prev   157   158   159   160   161   Next
LOG

Avatar / Picture

General Manager
Registered:
Posts: 3,242
Reply with quote  #2386 
Ibaka for Bargnani 
0
DocHolliday

Avatar / Picture

Hall of Fame Member
Registered:
Posts: 8,722
Reply with quote  #2387 
Minny out - Dieng, Butler, Teague
Minny in - Lowry, TJ Warren, frp, srp

Suns out - TJ, srp
Suns in - Teague

Raps out - Lowry, frp
Raps in - Butler, Dieng

Wright, FvV, Brown
Butler, Green, Richardson
Leonard, Miles, Powell
OG, Siakam, Dieng
JV, Ibaka, Monroe


0
DanH

Avatar / Picture

Specialist
Registered:
Posts: 4,149
Reply with quote  #2388 
No thanks. Only scenario I take the risk on a Butler deal is where we keep Lowry.
0
DocHolliday

Avatar / Picture

Hall of Fame Member
Registered:
Posts: 8,722
Reply with quote  #2389 
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanH
No thanks. Only scenario I take the risk on a Butler deal is where we keep Lowry.


I'd like to keep Lowry and the youngins...doesn't leave a lot to trade though.  If it were Ibaka and Powell for Butler and Dieng, definitely but I wouldn't think Minny would bite unless the team included a frp with only top 10 protection or even lower (doesn't seem worth it then).

Still, below would be great, even for the year.  What's a potential championship worth - especially if Kawhi walks at the end of the year?  Giving up a frp seems like an easy decision in that regards - at least to me - and if Butler/Leonard stay beyond this season....

Klow, FvV
Butler, Wright 
Leonard, Green, Miles
OG, Siakam
JV, Dieng, Monroe
0
DocHolliday

Avatar / Picture

Hall of Fame Member
Registered:
Posts: 8,722
Reply with quote  #2390 
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanH
No thanks. Only scenario I take the risk on a Butler deal is where we keep Lowry.


There's also the possibility that Lowry doesn't want to be in TO anymore....as great as a competitor he is, I would think that would still effect him on some level (if that being the case).
0
Northern Neighbour

Hall of Fame Member
Registered:
Posts: 7,508
Reply with quote  #2391 
Quote:
Originally Posted by DocHolliday


There's also the possibility that Lowry doesn't want to be in TO anymore....as great as a competitor he is, I would think that would still effect him on some level.


Why do people continue to raise this? Just because DD was traded doesn't mean he, too, wants to leave. People need to stop with this asinine piece of speculation.
0
DocHolliday

Avatar / Picture

Hall of Fame Member
Registered:
Posts: 8,722
Reply with quote  #2392 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Northern Neighbour


Why do people continue to raise this? Just because DD was traded doesn't mean he, too, wants to leave. People need to stop with this asinine piece of speculation.


It's not asinine, it's a legitimate concern and thought.  And it's not just DD being traded, it's also Casey and a reduced role on the team.  To discuss it here is better that calling it out in the media and making it a real concern with casual fans/bandwagoners. People calling people's concerns asinine is asinine unto itself.
0
Northern Neighbour

Hall of Fame Member
Registered:
Posts: 7,508
Reply with quote  #2393 
Quote:
Originally Posted by DocHolliday


It's not asinine, it's a legitimate concern and thought.  And it's not just DD being traded, it's also Casey and a reduced role on the team.  To discuss it here is better that calling it out in the media and making it a real concern with casual fans/bandwagoners. People calling people's concerns asinine is asinine unto itself.


Use the adjective ridiculous, absurd, careless, panicky - it's all the same. Why? Because there is nothing to suggest he is unhappy or wants to be traded. It's unsubstantiated speculation on your and everyone else's part. There isn't even a single report to suggest he's unhappy or is looking to leave. People have the tendency to speculate on things just to stir shit up or due to this unending, defeatist feeling Raptors fans have since the franchise's inception. This has to end.

Anyway, you are wrong about Lowry's role, which will actually increase under Nurse. He's been given more responsibility this year than last season to be the initiator on offence. Nurse has said this. Lowry has said this in his interviews.

If Lowry wanted to leave, why would he be giving out food baskets and turkeys at Thanksgiving to less fortunate families in Toronto? Why would he talk about the team's aspirations and chances? He wanted out, he would say so and Masai by now would have traded him.

So yeah, spreading unsubstantiated rumors about Lowry wanting to leave and getting the facts wrong are all indeed asinine. BTW, there are bandwagon fans who visit here. The point about it being raised here and not in the media is a) irrelevant and b) a huge red herring.
0
DocHolliday

Avatar / Picture

Hall of Fame Member
Registered:
Posts: 8,722
Reply with quote  #2394 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Northern Neighbour


Use the adjective ridiculous, absurd, careless, panicky - it's all the same. Why? Because there is nothing to suggest he is unhappy or wants to be traded. It's unsubstantiated speculation on your and everyone else's part. There isn't even a single report to suggest he's unhappy or is looking to leave. People have the tendency to speculate on things just to stir shit up or due to this unending, defeatist feeling Raptors fans have since the franchise's inception. This has to end.

Anyway, you are wrong about Lowry's role, which will actually increase under Nurse. He's been given more responsibility this year than last season to be the initiator on offence. Nurse has said this. Lowry has said this in his interviews.

If Lowry wanted to leave, why would he be giving out food baskets and turkeys at Thanksgiving to less fortunate families in Toronto? Why would he talk about the team's aspirations and chances? He wanted out, he would say so and Masai by now would have traded him.

So yeah, spreading unsubstantiated rumors about Lowry wanting to leave and getting the facts wrong are all indeed asinine. BTW, there are bandwagon fans who visit here. The point about it being raised here and not in the media is a) irrelevant and b) a huge red herring.


Well you're doing nothing but speculating everything is fine when in fact, there's been more to speculate that he's not quite happy; and when you care a lot about someone and invest a lot of your time and emotions, you worry about them.  There's absolutely nothing wrong to express worry - in Lowry's case, that's not rumor spreading, especially when many people that love the Raptors (plus the great media machine), have already expressed it and are concerned.

And if all those adjectives were the same then there wouldn't be different meanings/connotations for each of them - and asinine tops them all.  So be it.  Nothing to discuss.  Shut this place down cause Northern Neighbor doesn't like discussions about other poster's concerns and players they care about.

Here's an adjective, you're still a dick. 
0
Northern Neighbour

Hall of Fame Member
Registered:
Posts: 7,508
Reply with quote  #2395 
Quote:
Originally Posted by DocHolliday


Well you're doing nothing but speculating everything is fine when in fact, there's been more to speculate that he's not quite happy; and when you care a lot about someone and invest a lot of your time and emotions, you worry about them.  There's absolutely nothing wrong to express worry - in Lowry's case, that's not rumor spreading, especially when many people that love the Raptors (plus the great media machine), have already expressed it and are concerned.

And if all those adjectives were the same then there wouldn't be different meanings/connotations for each of them - and asinine tops them all.  So be it.  Nothing to discuss.  Shut this place down cause Northern Neighbor doesn't like discussions about other poster's concerns and players they care about.

Here's an adjective, you're still a dick. 


I'm not speculating at all. I didn't say everything is fine. I didn't really make an assumption of Lowry's thought process. I did say he's done a fair bit in Toronto since the trade, so I don't understand why people think he's unhappy about playing in Toronto. I also pointed to comments made by Nurse and Lowry on the PG's role in the semi-new offence, which you incorrectly stated that he would have a lesser role. In terms of his thought process, I didn't conclude nor speculate on anything. I prefer to wait for Lowry to say something instead of pretending to know how he feels and what he thinks.

Now, I didn't realize you were so close to Lowry. If you really care about him like you say you do (which is really bizarre), then the best thing to do is let things play out and don't say anything. Making assumptions based on little to no information only creates problems and undo stress. Plus, there isn't anything we can do to make Lowry feel better (however he may be feeling at this moment).

BTW, I did not personally attack you. I called your comments / speculation asinine. I listed synonyms of the word to illustrate how reckless it is to assume to know how anyone should feel or think. Maybe careless or inappropriate or unwise would be better than asinine, but they make the same point (and that was my point). I wasn't calling you those things and it was pretty obvious (to me anyway).

But hey, if you want to revert to childish, personal attacks, go ahead because I'm ok being an asshole. We all have varying degrees of a-holeness.
0
DanH

Avatar / Picture

Specialist
Registered:
Posts: 4,149
Reply with quote  #2396 
I think anyone who claims to know Lowry's state of mind is fooling themselves, and assuming he wants out is silly. And barring any concrete reason to believe that, I'm not going to consider it a factor in discussing trading him.
0
LOG

Avatar / Picture

General Manager
Registered:
Posts: 3,242
Reply with quote  #2397 
come on, be nice kids [cookiemonster]
0
Northern Neighbour

Hall of Fame Member
Registered:
Posts: 7,508
Reply with quote  #2398 
Quote:
Originally Posted by LOG
come on, be nice kids [cookiemonster]


I'm really trying, Dad! [20ixaph]
0
deaner

Hall of Fame Member
Registered:
Posts: 3,286
Reply with quote  #2399 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Northern Neighbour


Why do people continue to raise this? Just because DD was traded doesn't mean he, too, wants to leave. People need to stop with this asinine piece of speculation.


NN’s daily use of asinine. : )

Edit: ahhh.... I’m not getting involved in this. I should have went through he while thread before posting.
0
7shikamaru7

Starter
Registered:
Posts: 430
Reply with quote  #2400 
Looks like there's trouble in LA.

If Lebron wants his Korver...

LA: Miles 
Raps: KCP 

If Lebron wants his Love...

LA: Ibaka 
Raps: Kuzma + KCP + Beasley
0
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print
Reply

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.