Toby Show full post »
LKeet6
elT wrote:


GSW won on the road in Houston in games 1 and 7 with Scott Foster officiating both games.


Theory has it that's what nba wanted!

But my prediction didn't come off! So I'll have to shelve that conspiracy, for now!

I do NOT trust Scott foster...
Quote 0 0
elT
LKeet6 wrote:


Theory has it that's what nba wanted!

But my prediction didn't come off! So I'll have to shelve that conspiracy, for now!

I do NOT trust Scott foster...


I don't trust him either but NBA would be stupid to risk EVERYTHING to get one more playoff game and they'd risk everything with such conspiracy. 

Quote 0 0
LKeet6
elT wrote:


I don't trust him either but NBA would be stupid to risk EVERYTHING to get one more playoff game and they'd risk everything with such conspiracy. 



Yeah I agree with that. And also, said to my mate when we were debating it, (after that bad officiating in G1,) I don't believe nba wants Gsw "dynasty" THAT much more than James getting another title. Not enough to risk it, similar to what you said...

Like I said, I was never fully into the whole "conspiracy," but I defo would NOT be surprised if minor fiddling has been going on somewhere...
Quote 0 0
MikeToronto
A (much) better team won. Sure, Cavs could have had Game 1, but judging by the Warriors mental fortitude displayed in WCF, I seriously doubt it’d have made a difference in the outcome.
Quote 1 0
DocHolliday
After the Donaghy debacle, I think all the NBA refs will forever be looked at sideways.  Though obviously he's not credible, he did make some serious allegations of games being fixed by multiple refs for betting purposes and for the league - "told federal agents that to increase television ratings and ticket sales, "top executives of the NBA sought to manipulate games using referees".  I strongly believe Donaghy didn't act alone and honestly, could not have acted alone to pull off what he did.  I don't care for the idea of a conspiracy, however, with how difficult the NBA game is to referee, it certainly has opened the opportunity to "fix" a game for whatever intent.  True or not, the refs haven't been seen the same since and these thought processes have taken on a life of their own. 

edit: I don't think we get these conspiracy theories in most other sports here in NA - not nearly to the extent of the NBA.  Not sure how to fix that stain, especially when it's perpetuated by 29 angry losing fanbases [cookiemonster]

Quote 1 0
DocHolliday
MikeToronto wrote:
A (much) better team won. Sure, Cavs could have had Game 1, but judging by the Warriors mental fortitude displayed in WCF, I seriously doubt it’d have made a difference in the outcome.


This certainly has made it difficult to even subtly fix a game - no one is really close to GS except for maybe the Rockets and that series finished without me thinking, huh those refs are really shitty and changed/influenced that outcome.
Quote 0 0
JeffB
Quote 0 0
LX
[image] 

From nylon calculus.

Also note that Lebron likely has never played with anyone that will travel with the President to a summit meant to achieve peace with a country under authoritarian rule.
Quote 0 0