Ball Don't Lie Show full post »
Northern Neighbour
Jaylen Brown got paid! I'm a fan of Brown, but he hasn't shown enough to warrant such a big contract. Maybe this is the year he blossoms into a legitimate go-to guy or he could be another very well-paid role player. 

The Spurs definitely got a steal of a deal with Murray. If he's healthy, he could have a massive breakout season.

I'm meh on the Sabonis contract. He's a good player but limited. 
Quote 0 0
JeffB
Jaylen Brown got paid! I'm a fan of Brown, but he hasn't shown enough to warrant such a big contract. Maybe this is the year he blossoms into a legitimate go-to guy or he could be another very well-paid role player. 

The Spurs definitely got a steal of a deal with Murray. If he's healthy, he could have a massive breakout season.

I'm meh on the Sabonis contract. He's a good player but limited. 


I'm not a fan of Sabonis tbh.  But I agree, the Murray deal is a steal if he stays healthy 
Quote 0 0
elT
Quote:
Adrian Wojnarowski @wojespn


Brooklyn Nets F Taurean Prince has agreed to a two-year, $29M contract extension, CAA Sports' Steve Heumann tells ESPN.

Quote 0 0
JeffB
Screenshot_20191021-175242_Twitter.jpg 
Quote 0 0
JeffB
Screenshot_20191021-190355_Twitter.jpg 
Quote 0 0
DocHolliday
elT wrote:


In the end, Pacers will have 7 guys they are paying 20M$ a year and the league's most expensive roster.

Jokes aside, good deal. Allows them to get something for one of Turner/Sabonis in the summer of this season shows they can't really play together.


The deal will make it easier to move Sab - they're already looking to move him.
Quote 0 0
DanH
DocHolliday wrote:


The deal will make it easier to move Sab - they're already looking to move him.


Trades are very difficult to construct with a player who has received his rookie scale extension. They are called poison pill deals, very hard to match salary, as they count as radically different values for the two teams making the trade (rookie scale salary for outgoing salary, average over extension as incoming salary on the other end). 

If this deal was struck to ease a trade, it must be with an eye on making that trade next summer.
Quote 1 0
JeffB
🤣

Quote 0 0
DocHolliday
DanH wrote:


Trades are very difficult to construct with a player who has received his rookie scale extension. They are called poison pill deals, very hard to match salary, as they count as radically different values for the two teams making the trade (rookie scale salary for outgoing salary, average over extension as incoming salary on the other end). 

If this deal was struck to ease a trade, it must be with an eye on making that trade next summer.


Was thinking that though I was going by the rumors of Indy chatting with other teams to move him just a day or 2 before he signed the extension.  Maybe a potential deal is in place for next summer.  Too bad though, I like Sab though I'm not sure he fits in with the current Raptors.  If he did, I'd move Ibaka or Gasol to a 3rd team that could absorb him and then take on Sab  - guess the compensation for Indy and the 3rd team would get tricky.
Quote 0 0
JeffB
Screenshot_20191022-170050_Twitter.jpg 
Quote 0 0
LOG
DocHolliday wrote:


Was thinking that though I was going by the rumors of Indy chatting with other teams to move him just a day or 2 before he signed the extension.  Maybe a potential deal is in place for next summer.  Too bad though, I like Sab though I'm not sure he fits in with the current Raptors.  If he did, I'd move Ibaka or Gasol to a 3rd team that could absorb him and then take on Sab  - guess the compensation for Indy and the 3rd team would get tricky.


Honestly to me Sabonis is like younger not yet so savvy Gasol. I think a year or two learning from him would be very good for him and the team. Then again his dad is pretty good too
Quote 0 0
Mo_fusion
JeffB wrote:
🤣



That laugh should have been somehow owned by the Raptors! Copyright a laugh since he was signed with the Raptors at the time!? Aha-ha-ha-ha
Quote 0 0
Someguy again
im really excited for the canadian talent this year, who will come out as the maple mamba? RJ barrett? Jamal murray? Chris PULL UP FROM THE LOGO 23 SECONDS ON THE SHOT CLOCK SPLASH BOUCHER?

(dont ask about wiggins lol)
Quote 2 0
Stihlman
Wow,Bucks blowing a 21 third quarter lead to lose in OT against the heat.Unreal.
Quote 0 0