elT Show full post »
DocHolliday
Borrowed a post from a RealGM poster that I thought was interesting....

Quote:
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2775366

Former Cleveland Cavaliers general manager David Griffin said Cavs superstar LeBron James was telling Toronto Raptors players how to run their own plays during the team's second-round sweep in the 2017 NBA playoffs.

On Thursday, William Lou of The Score passed along comments Griffin made about the situation during an appearance on The Bill Simmons Podcast.

"I was in the gym when I watched him on the floor against Toronto tell Patrick Patterson where he was supposed to go on the play they had called out of a timeout late in the fourth quarter," Griffin said. "He was like 'no Pat, you're supposed to stand over there and set a pin down for DeMar (DeRozan) over here.'"

Cleveland won those four games over the Raptors by an average of 15.25 points.

The Cavaliers' dominance over Toronto continued in this year's playoffs with their second straight sweep of DeRozan, Kyle Lowry and Co. The easy second-round triumph came after the Cavs barely escaped Round 1, edging the Indiana Pacers in a tight Game 7.

James' squad has knocked the Raptors out of the postseason each of the last three years.
Quote 0 0
deaner
DocHolliday wrote:
Borrowed a post from a RealGM poster that I thought was interesting....



Russian hacking?

I said hat joking, but it made me wonder how many visitor locker rooms are mic’d And being spied on.
Quote 0 0
elT
deaner wrote:
Russian hacking? I said hat joking, but it made me wonder how many visitor locker rooms are mic’d And being spied on.


Nah, that is just brilliance of guys like LeBron and Draymond etc...

That game against GSW in ACC earlier in the season, one of the last plays was designed to get DDR coming off on ball screen and going ISO against Steph Curry. When Raptors got into their layout Draymond read it, called for pre-switches and the play worked just as intended except DDR ended going against KD and missing the shot.

Harden is like that on offense when running pick and roll. He reads the coverege in milliseconds and passes instantly to a shooter that is open just enough to have a good shot. At first you think it was just a surprise pass but no. On next play, they adjust, Harden takes one bounce and passes to another guy. It is amazing.

The number of plays, layouts, designs and reads these guys process in milliseconds is amazing.
Especially Draymond Green. That guy is a complete defensive genius.
Quote 3 0
Mo_fusion
Who posted that bit about how Cavs run their offence through Korver and Love? I found that tiny piece itself far and beyond what Toronto does or how their process. It seems the concenses is raps were playing like high school students all running around aimlessly this series
Quote 0 0
Pzabby_2nd
Mo_fusion wrote:
Who posted that bit about how Cavs run their offence through Korver and Love? I found that tiny piece itself far and beyond what Toronto does or how their process. It seems the concenses is raps were playing like high school students all running around aimlessly this series


What consensus? Who? No seriously, Who?

I watched the full series sans a quarter. Our offence broke down their defence wonderfully at times. We went on a lot of runs with it too. And sometimes it faltered. For too long. That's why we lost. Sure we got swept. But to call it that and draw inferences from nothing other than that the raptors lost 4 games and won none, without analyzing context, is lazy at best and purposefully deceptive at worst.
Quote 1 0
Mo_fusion
Pzabby_2nd wrote:
What consensus? Who? No seriously, Who? I watched the full series sans a quarter. Our offence broke down their defence wonderfully at times. We went on a lot of runs with it too. And sometimes it faltered. For too long. That's why we lost. Sure we got swept. But to call it that and draw inferences from nothing other than that the raptors lost 4 games and won none, without analyzing context, is lazy at best and purposefully deceptive at worst.


#postannihilated 

lol
Quote 0 0