Acie Show full post »
moremilk
deaner wrote:
Irving mentions VanFleet Siakam. Says we might have the best second unit in the league.


who would have thought that our biggest worry this summer will be retaining van vleet 😉
Quote 0 0
Tommy C
moremilk wrote:


who would have thought that our biggest worry this summer will be retaining van vleet 😉


FVV really impresses me and he does a lot of good things on floor and impacts the game facilitating.
Some people here were so harsh on him. The kid plays hard like Lowry and isn’t afraid to go against bigger guys.
He is calm and keeps his game under control. I like it a lot.
Kudos to the coaching staff for putting him in a position to succeed.
Quote 1 0
LX
Bobby Marks was on espn sportscenter this morning saying the Raptors are the best in the East. He said they have everything and that Masai should disconnect his phone and not do anything at the trade deadline.

Just before that they were showing the odds of teams to win the east through the year. The Raptors started at 20-1. They are now 7-4 and the favorites.
Quote 3 0
LKeet6
Now THAT was my fav raps win of the season! [wink]

Haha, only joking. It was EXTREMELY satisfying and prob our most complete performance, but for it to be my fav woulda needed a better team than the Celtics [wink]

I'm just chatting shit coz you guys already nailed it with the analysis!

Great win; basically did everything right from the start. Spectacular defence and rebounding first 3 Qs are biggest takeaways for me...

What a great season!
Quote 2 0
Raptorman
Our bench won the game.  Starters need to step up. At least we dont have any drama of starters getting pi$$ed their minutes are getting cut.  Quite the opposite.  Starters are cheerleading! 

I still take our win over Houston (another shellacking) as our best game. 

Wifer says " Why are you still watching?  They are up 25 pts?" She just doesn't understand. 
Quote 0 0
7shikamaru7
Starters are getting too anxious and a little too tight. The 2nd unit is more loose and relaxed...just a fun to watch. Lowry can't blow by any defenders now so his dribble penetration gets compromised. Wright and FVV can do it with ease and that's how they start the ball movement.

Miles is just a pure shooter. Come playoffs, opposing teams might force the 2nd unit to hit 3s and that could be a problem. I'm excited to see what they can do in the postseason!
Quote 0 0
LX
Raptorman wrote:
Our bench won the game.  Starters need to step up. At least we dont have any drama of starters getting pi$$ed their minutes are getting cut.  Quite the opposite.  Starters are cheerleading! 

I still take our win over Houston (another shellacking) as our best game. 

Wifer says " Why are you still watching?  They are up 25 pts?" She just doesn't understand. 


The bench was essential, but i think you give the starters short shrift. Lowry played extremely well. They got off to a good start. They had two really strong runs in the first quarter, and another in the third quarter. And they played some strong defense. Things didn't look as easy as it did with the bench, but on the whole the starters did alright. They hit threes and they defended. I'll take that.
Quote 0 0
DanH
LX wrote:


The bench was essential, but i think you give the starters short shrift. Lowry played extremely well. They got off to a good start. They had two really strong runs in the first quarter, and another in the third quarter. And they played some strong defense. Things didn't look as easy as it did with the bench, but on the whole the starters did alright. They hit threes and they defended. I'll take that.


Yep.  As a barometer for the starting group (as he mostly just plays in that group), JV was a +11 in 20 minutes last night.  That's dominant.  The bench was even more dominant (+16 in 15 minutes of all-bench leaving garbage time out of it).  The transitional lineups struggled a bit, but all in all this was a thoroughly dominating performance from start to finish.
Quote 0 0
deaner
How bad will the Knicks be tomorrow without KP. Yikes. Dress Bruno please.
Quote 0 0
JeffB
deaner wrote:
How bad will the Knicks be tomorrow without KP. Yikes. Dress Bruno please.


Out for the Knicks:

Baker
Porzingis
Kanter
Noah

+ Anyone they trade away
Quote 0 0
deaner
JeffB_STR82DVD wrote:


Out for the Knicks:

Baker
Porzingis
Kanter
Noah

+ Anyone they trade away


They traded Willy H as well. Knicks might be better than the Celtics though.... : )
Quote 0 0