Acie Show full post »
edki
I was annoyed all game long by Leo and Matt more than I was annoyed by refs.

Raptors need to play much faster pace to win. Credit to DEN for slowing this game down to their advantage.
The only way to play against Jokic is to run and make him run too. Nice to see a rare example of superb Centre in today's game.
Quote 0 0
'trane
LX wrote:
Was only partially watching this while playing poker. My pocket kings got busted on an all-in as the refs made that call at the end.

It looked like the kind of game Popovich talked about in terms of threes. The cool thing is they somehow stayed in this game, and even with so many misses at the rim on top of everything else. Still a couple of pretty good looking threes go in and they walk away happy. Gotta feel mostly happy at defending a top ten offense pretty well. It still feels like that can get better, and they can still definitely refine the offensive feel between each other.

It feels like Siakam should maybe get trusted more in clutch situations. Leonard going up against multiple defenders is not much better than DeMar going at multiple defenders.


pretty much spot on, except they did go to siakam a few times down the stretch, and it didn't amount to much.  a couple of back down dribbles into the teeth of the defense, and nothing loose enough to drop a siakam-spin-move.  they just played straight up post D against him and it snuffed him out.
Quote 0 0
elT
'trane wrote:


pretty much spot on, except they did go to siakam a few times down the stretch, and it didn't amount to much.  a couple of back down dribbles into the teeth of the defense, and nothing loose enough to drop a siakam-spin-move.  they just played straight up post D against him and it snuffed him out.


He warped the defense on one possession, passed to Kawhi on the wing who stepped in and around his defender before knocking down a jumper. It seemed like enough, just a bit of space, time, attention that he can buy so the D doesn't just go after Kawhi.
Quote 0 0
'trane
elT wrote:


He warped the defense on one possession, passed to Kawhi on the wing who stepped in and around his defender before knocking down a jumper. It seemed like enough, just a bit of space, time, attention that he can buy so the D doesn't just go after Kawhi.


yup, and he also made that baseline drive and pass to serge in the paint with about 4 minutes to go.  it was there a bit, but it also ground down into nothingness several times as well.  denver played great defense in the closing minutes.
Quote 0 0
LX
edki wrote:
I was annoyed all game long by Leo and Matt more than I was annoyed by refs.

Raptors need to play much faster pace to win. Credit to DEN for slowing this game down to their advantage.
The only way to play against Jokic is to run and make him run too. Nice to see a rare example of superb Centre in today's game.


There were some examples of two-second offense featuring Siakam. I think they do need to drill deeper with that.

Probably the best play against Clevelend was Fred zipping a pass way up court to Pascal who immediately turned and found Leonard in the corner.

This game there was a play where Siakam brought the ball up at breakneck speed, pitching it ahead to Kyle once he crossed the halfcourt line. Kyle is there for the shot outside the arc. Play over right? But instead Kyle finds Pascal for a pass under the rim. UNDER THE RIM! He was just at halfcourt. I don’t think i’ve ever seen anything like that.
Quote 0 0
JeffB
What is up with Lowry scoring wise? He's shooting the lowest FGA since 2012-13. He only attempted 7 shots yesterday. He really needs to be more aggressive imo.
Quote 0 0
Ball Don't Lie
Out of the top contenders we've faced so far, this is how Lowry has done:

15, 6, 6,  5/8 vs BOS
9, 6, 15, 3/14 FG at MIL
20, 12, 7/14 FG vs PHI
14, 7 , 3/12 FG at BOS
10, 8, 12, 4/14 FG at GSW
5, 11, 1/7 FG vs DEN

His shooting has been abysmal in 4/6 of these games vs top teams, and his level of aggressiveness hasn't been up to par. We need him to be much more aggressive offensively throughout the games against better teams so that we lessen the load on Kawhi, and honestly we're going to need Kyle to score 17+ PPG against these types of teams in the playoffs regardless. He cant keep hesitating and being passive on offence for us to be an elite team. 
Quote 1 0
moremilk
I feat that's asking too much from Kyle, at this point in his career, he is what he is.

If his 3 is not falling, his offensive output will always be low against elite teams.

Having guys like siakam and Ibaka to provide some offense will help, but this team needs another elite scorer imo, if we want to challeygsw.
Quote 0 0