Acie Show full post »
JeffB
That was fun
Quote 0 0
moremilk
the strong schedule in the restart, combined with the summer league type of action in the 2nd week, also helped us improve to above .500 against teams over .500, one of only 8 teams to do it. The other ones are Bucks, LAC and LAL, Houston, Celtics, Miami and Denver, so clearly it's a pretty significant threshold.
Quote 0 0
elT
moremilk wrote:
the strong schedule in the restart, combined with the summer league type of action in the 2nd week, also helped us improve to above .500 against teams over .500, one of only 8 teams to do it. The other ones are Bucks, LAC and LAL, Houston, Celtics, Miami and Denver, so clearly it's a pretty significant threshold.


Meh. Unless you are horrible those things mean little.
Quote 0 0
LX
I never would have dreamt that I could watch Stanley Johnson play and not feel any overwhelming sense of dread, let alone end up enjoying much of it. The wonders of Raptors player development! Nice way to finish off an incredible season. Onwards to post-season victory!
Quote 2 0
Mo_fusion
FFS day time. Missed this one. Is it being replayed ever?
Quote 1 0
DanH
Big blowout win. Love it. 

[cookiemonster]
Quote 0 0
Mobaigz6
Mobaigz6 wrote:


15pts, 6 rebs, 5 assists, 1 block, 1 steal


Wasn't far off! He ended up with 23, 4, 6, 1, 1.

Did better than I thought! This is what I meant when I said he just needs the right people around him!!
Quote 0 0
DocHolliday
I really enjoy watching Paul Watson play.  
Quote 1 0
elT
Lots of wonderful stuff this season. This team is super fun, probably the most fun Raptors team.
Siakam's, OG's, FVV's, Norm's growth alone would be reason to celebrate. Add Davis, Thomas, Boucher, Brissett, Watson and it would be a super fun rebuild team to follow this moment. I think Hernandez can become a rotation player as well, some great "feel for the game" moments from him.

53 wins in 72 games while dealing with a metric fuckton of injuries - insane, 60 win pace while constantly being forced to adjust starting line up and rotation.

Gonna enjoy the playoffs and not worry one bit. This is still 2019 championship celebration tour for me. There's a ton to enjoy now and a ton to look forward to.
Quote 3 0
Raptorman
Raptorman wrote:
Whats the over/under for Stanley J? I'll say 10.5 pts.


Guess the OVER was the call.  Damn son.
Quote 1 0
Carlito
LX wrote:
I never would have dreamt that I could watch Stanley Johnson play and not feel any overwhelming sense of dread, let alone end up enjoying much of it. The wonders of Raptors player development! Nice way to finish off an incredible season. Onwards to post-season victory!

Couldn't agree more … what a nice present on the last game of the season.  Who knows what happens next year.  He actually has something we lack … strength and size to get to the basket by himself. 
Quote 0 0
Carlito
I don't want to be a downer here … I wish Gasol would of started showing some level of consistent 3 point shooting .. he was awful given the number of attempts.  On the positive side, he was more active and making some shots down low.
Quote 0 0
moremilk
elT wrote:
Lots of wonderful stuff this season. This team is super fun, probably the most fun Raptors team.


100% in agreement, this has been the most fun roster, although the team two years ago was very close. 

Maybe it was the injuries, or maybe the resilience post-kawhi, but this is the first year where there wasn't a single player on the team that I was really annoyed with. Even poor stanley, he got his redemption in the last two games 🙂 And I was never as down on our 3 time champ as most have, although he was definitely the one I least liked.
Quote 1 0