solartear Show full post »
bozonic
elT wrote:
I prefer Leo to Jack. There, I said it. Jack is way too negative. Leo can be annoying and repetitive as hell but at least I've learned to tune him out when necessary.


Yes JAck can get down especially when the RAps are mailing it in but at least he says what he sees. Matt talks complete shit a lot o the time , especially With Leo they get lost in three point analytics and Leo fav go to line " feed the big guy"  . If I hear one more time that when CJ shoots it always looks like it is going in ...really then what about the 100 mph cuts off elbow where he flings it at the hoop with no arc. Jack knows the reason he is missing because he is not set for the shot and makes it too difficult. Leo response he is a shooter and needs to keep shooting....

I can see why you prefer white noise to Jack...cuz 

Coolest You Can T Handle the Truth Meme Effective Training Does Not Require Plexity
Quote 2 0
elT
bozonic wrote:


Yes JAck can get down especially when the RAps are mailing it in but at least he says what he sees. Matt talks complete shit a lot o the time , especially With Leo they get lost in three point analytics and Leo fav go to line " feed the big guy"  . If I hear one more time that when CJ shoots it always looks like it is going in ...really then what about the 100 mph cuts off elbow where he flings it at the hoop with no arc. Jack knows the reason he is missing because he is not set for the shot and makes it too difficult. Leo response he is a shooter and needs to keep shooting....

I can see why you prefer white noise to Jack...cuz 

Coolest You Can T Handle the Truth Meme Effective Training Does Not Require Plexity


[34copy_zpsb43dd9e7]

Heh!

Good Jack is great Jack. But he hasn't been good in a while and his floor is way lower than I can handle.

Leo is like going through a really really boring meeting where there's a lot of fun people but there's one guy that always talks and ruins it. With time, you learn to ignore him when he crosses the line or you are simply not in the mood.

Jack is like a super cool dude on the same meeting and you really enjoy his company and jokes and opinions but lately he is just so down that the whole thing feels like bad psycho therapy, dental procedure and tax audit packed in same 2 hours. It hurts. You hope everything is OK with him but you just want to enjoy the game.
Quote 0 0
Wu
Huh.  For me, Jack is a reason to watch the game.  Leo is a reason not to watch the game.
Quote 2 0
LOG
Leo is like that annoying guy that nobody likes, because he always tries too hard to fit in and be friends with everybody. He tells lame stories and tries to make it seem like they are cool and important. He is basically South Park version of Al Gore
Quote 0 0
Stihlman
C'mon guy's give these guy's a break.
There our color guy's and,we should  let them be themselves and have fun.
Sure there not like the traditional types but,they are very passionate about our team,and Leo is a homeboy who knows his shit.
Jack what can you say.......NO NO NO....GET THAT GABAGE OUTTA HEAHH..Love it.

Watched some of those american broadcasts,and they can get annoying as well.

GO RAPTORS
Quote 0 0
DanH
'trane wrote:


Is one of them on their way out?


LOL, no, I just meant once Devlin latches onto a gag or story he tends not to ever let it go.  So my answer to his question of how many times we have to hear that story is however many more times the two call a game - that is, we'll hear that stupid story from now until eternity, like that dumb story about Leo's car that lasted a few seasons.
Quote 1 0
Raptorman
What Stihlman said.

Just get League Pass for a year and listen to the other teams guys.  Wow are they brutal. Homers to the point that they dont even know the other teams players outside of the allstars. Every missed shot is a foul. Clev and Boston are the worst with Miami close behind. 

The only team close to us is Utah.  And their market is very similar to ours. 

For the record, I really miss Swirksky. Yeah he was a joker but he always called it straight up. Dont mind Dev or Jack or small doses of Rod. 

You need to listen to old Rap games from 96-99. Leo is doing the same shtick from back then. Yawn. Its what the puckheads think we want. 


Quote 0 0
elT
Raptorman wrote:
What Stihlman said.

Just get League Pass for a year and listen to the other teams guys.  Wow are they brutal. Homers to the point that they dont even know the other teams players outside of the allstars. Every missed shot is a foul. Clev and Boston are the worst with Miami close behind. 

The only team close to us is Utah.  And their market is very similar to ours. 

For the record, I really miss Swirksky. Yeah he was a joker but he always called it straight up. Dont mind Dev or Jack or small doses of Rod. 

You need to listen to old Rap games from 96-99. Leo is doing the same shtick from back then. Yawn. Its what the puckheads think we want. 




I do and I have and until recently I wasn't listening to Raps feed because I grew tired of them. Didn't listen to it over a full calendar year.

Agree on Boston and Cleveland, would also add GSW and Denver. Disagree on Miami. Love 'Wolves feed but Pelicans are my favorite outside of ESPN/ABC.

Chuck was intense and fun but I grew tired of him as well, don't miss him one bit.

Maybe it's me who is the asshole, good chance of that.
And I'm not a Leo fan, far from it, it's just that Jack has been the worse of the two lately. IMO at least. The team is gonna win close to 60 games and he has been whining for months. Quick to praise everyone but Raps. And Matt becomes different alongside him, becomes super annoying. 
Quote 0 0
Raptorman
I hear you elT.  The most important thing you wrote is "IMO".  Because thats really what this is.  Cheers.
Quote 0 0
elT
Raptorman wrote:
I hear you elT.  The most important thing you wrote is "IMO".  Because thats really what this is.  Cheers.


Yeah the whole thing is a matter of taste anyway. I'm sure Leo loves Leo. [wink]


Quote 1 0
DocHolliday
I have a hard time listening to Matt, Jack and esp Leo.  If I don't want to get worked up as those 3 repeatedly state the blatantly obvious all game interspersed with the dullness of their stories, I HAVE to mute them. 

I miss Chuck and wished we had Breen.
Quote 0 0
MikeToronto
Of all of our "voices" ever, the only one I find palatable is Jack. I believe his knowledge of the game complemented by his relative candor provide some value for the viewers, while Leo or Devlin or Swirsky are/were there largely to fill the audio channel of the broadcast with random noises. [wink]

This has been brought up more than once over the years, but I would love to listen to at least one game with Jack alone, soccer style. Could be a great experience.
Quote 0 0