Acie Show full post »
Mo_fusion
Imagine Ibaka and FVV out with Siakim Ibaka Gasol. Jeeze. Nightmare material.
Quote 0 0
Mo_fusion
JeffB wrote:
Get Jefferson off the floor

He finished hustle strong 
Quote 0 0
LX

I was watching the YES broadcast for a bit and when Kyle was hit with the tech and flagrant the play by play guy said he thought it could really turn the game the Nets way. He noted the time and wanted to be able to go back and point to 8:43 of the third quarter as the turning point. And all I could think was hell yeah this is the point where Kyle kicks some ass. Pretty fun after thinking this game was going to be all about misses at the rim and the stripe after the last one was missing threes.

 

They got some collective juices going. That is what Fred is all about, whether he’s off the ball or not. It’s definitely what Kyle’s always been all about. It’s what OG is quietly about. It’s what Rondae and Terence offered at just the right time when needed. It’s what Serge does so much without getting enough credit. It’s all about throwing an accumulated wallop of everyone doing what they need to do to make each other effective together. It’s the kind of thing that allows a skinny Boucher to be an important piece when called on - the other guys on the floor help make that possible in spite of his unimposing stature. The whole team fights like pitbulls for each other as their leaders insist?

 

I simply do not look at numbers during games anymore, and often only glance at them afterwards. This team either offers that consistent, collective and determined force that proves to be enough to win, or when they come up short it is due to there not being enough done together. Yeah they do come up short against the better teams more often than not, but not without those teams equalling the same level of cohesion. Get this team healthy (PLEASE!) and i think all the ways the Raptors have been tested will start to give them more of an edge when they need it most.

Quote 5 0
LX
Kyle’s mom tweeted - don’t poke the bear and lil bro bear

there you go - the brevity works way better than my offering.
Quote 2 0
Mo_fusion
moremilk wrote:


Different refs 😉


Lolll
Quote 0 0
Mo_fusion
LX wrote:

I was watching the YES broadcast for a bit and when Kyle was hit with the tech and flagrant the play by play guy said he thought it could really turn the game the Nets way. He noted the time and wanted to be able to go back and point to 8:43 of the third quarter as the turning point. And all I could think was hell yeah this is the point where Kyle kicks some ass. Pretty fun after thinking this game was going to be all about misses at the rim and the stripe after the last one was missing threes.

 

They got some collective juices going. That is what Fred is all about, whether he’s off the ball or not. It’s definitely what Kyle’s always been all about. It’s what OG is quietly about. It’s what Rondae and Terence offered at just the right time when needed. It’s what Serge does so much without getting enough credit. It’s all about throwing an accumulated wallop of everyone doing what they need to do to make each other effective together. It’s the kind of thing that allows a skinny Boucher to be an important piece when called on - the other guys on the floor help make that possible in spite of his unimposing stature. The whole team fights like pitbulls for each other as their leaders insist?

 

I simply do not look at numbers during games anymore, and often only glance at them afterwards. This team either offers that consistent, collective and determined force that proves to be enough to win, or when they come up short it is due to there not being enough done together. Yeah they do come up short against the better teams more often than not, but not without those teams equalling the same level of cohesion. Get this team healthy (PLEASE!) and i think all the ways the Raptors have been tested will start to give them more of an edge when they need it most.


All healthy and all hands on deck, repeat as Champs?
Quote 0 0
LX
Mo_fusion wrote:

All healthy and all hands on deck, repeat as Champs?


the East is going to be tough, but Toronto is easily a part of what is going to make it so tough.
Quote 2 0
JeffB
Mo_fusion wrote:

All healthy and all hands on deck, repeat as Champs?


We're one solid piece away from having a great chance at the finals again imo, if we can be healthy.
Quote 3 0
Mo_fusion
That Powell injury was so unfortutious, he was running on all cylinders and if he continued at that tilt without injury we would have a clearer picture of who we are. 

That begs the question, does the one next solid piece come in the form of a Powell 2.0 as many have suggested?
Quote 0 0
Northern Neighbour
JeffB wrote:


We're one solid piece away from having a great chance at the finals again imo, if we can be healthy.


I absolutely concur. Finding that one piece, however, is difficult (and please not Drummond). 
Quote 1 0
DanH
JeffB wrote:


We're one solid piece away from having a great chance at the finals again imo, if we can be healthy.


It's so hard to tell because we just haven't been healthy for a real stretch yet to develop any sort of rhythm. 
Quote 2 0