Acie Show full post »
JeffB
DocHolliday wrote:


Yes we do.  And I'd rather not trade anything for VC.


We wouldn't have to if we have a roster spot. I'm talking about next summer....at this point, I'd rather not sign Carter next summer. We're at a stage where we have a goal in mind. It's not time to sign token players out of nostalgia. I'd say, sign him to a one day contract when he retires and be done with it.
Quote 1 0
DocHolliday
JeffB_STR82DVD wrote:
We wouldn't have to if we have a roster spot. I'm talking about next summer....at this point, I'd rather not sign Carter next summer. We're at a stage where we have a goal in mind. It's not time to sign token players out of nostalgia. I'd say, sign him to a one day contract when he retires and be done with it.



100%
Quote 0 0
DanH
Something to consider: if Vince gets waived by the March deadline, the Raptors could wait until late in the season and sign him to a rest-of-season contract and maybe still duck the tax.

And yes, we do have a roster spot open. And no, it is not a two-way spot (we actually don't have a two-way spot open). Though yes, in theory, an NBA vet can be signed to a two-way deal.
Quote 1 0
moremilk
JeffB_STR82DVD wrote:


We wouldn't have to if we have a roster spot. I'm talking about next summer....at this point, I'd rather not sign Carter next summer. We're at a stage where we have a goal in mind. It's not time to sign token players out of nostalgia. I'd say, sign him to a one day contract when he retires and be done with it.


You think Vince wouldn't have anything to offer in the playoffs? I wouldn't mind having him, that kind of experience is very useful, especially with the very young bench.

I think he still can give you 10 solid minutes a night, maybe not every game - only when you really need it.

I'd be all for signing him if he gets waived.
Quote 1 0
moremilk
DocHolliday wrote:


Well, you can say that about the whole season.  The Raps should win most of those games and the ones they do lose (or if they lose) will be the Raps giving it away than being beaten.

8-2



Come on, you know what I mean. It's different playing Philly or Milwaukee than Sacramento or Phoenix.

8-2 is very ambitious imo, I'd be happy with 7-3. I think 6-4 is probably where we'll end up.
Quote 0 0
Acie
Quote 0 0
deaner
DocHolliday wrote:


Why take him anywhere, he doesn't deserve it; and what leadership does the team need that the team doesn't already have?  What has he won to help lead the Raps?

Fuck Wince.


Do you not see you are tainted with abnormal bitterness?
Quote 0 0
deaner
DanH wrote:
Something to consider: if Vince gets waived by the March deadline, the Raptors could wait until late in the season and sign him to a rest-of-season contract and maybe still duck the tax.

And yes, we do have a roster spot open. And no, it is not a two-way spot (we actually don't have a two-way spot open). Though yes, in theory, an NBA vet can be signed to a two-way deal.


Thanks
Quote 0 0
DocHolliday
deaner wrote:
Do you not see you are tainted with abnormal bitterness?


Not even a little bit.

I've moved on and am tired of the Wince talk all the time.  He was in one hand great for the franchise and in the end he was devastating in the other.  I prefer to look ahead at the roster and team we have now instead of regaling the past.

Give him his day so the team - and everyone else - can move on.
Quote 0 0
deaner
DocHolliday wrote:


Not even a little bit.

I've moved on and am tired of the Wince talk all the time.  He was in one hand great for the franchise and in the end he was devastating in the other.  I prefer to look ahead at the roster and team we have now instead of regaling the past.

Give him his day so the team - and everyone else - can move on.


Players like that take note of how the city fans and org look after exiting players. If Vince is willing to forgive then I think we should clean up the bad blood and go out in style. Star players take note of that kind of thing. It’s part of the nba recruitment cycle and this screw Vince attitude gets us no where. We have done a good enough job with things to this point, we need to be aware to star player attractions to our team. It will happen if we keep doing the best we can in every column.
Quote 0 0