LX Show full post »
Northern Neighbour
JeffB_STR82DVD wrote:


We would then face them in the second round.


If they finish 6th or 7th, the Raps wouldn’t face them until the 3rd round, assuming the Raps finish 1st.
Quote 0 0
JeffB
Northern Neighbour wrote:


If they finish 6th or 7th, the Raps wouldn’t face them until the 3rd round, assuming the Raps finish 1st.


If they finish 6th or 7th, wouldn't we face them in the second round if they're the lowest seed to move on from the first round?
Quote 0 0
Northern Neighbour
JeffB_STR82DVD wrote:


If they finish 6th or 7th, wouldn't we face them in the second round if they're the lowest seed to move on from the first round?


No. The NBA operates on the bracket format similar to the NCAA and a tennis tournament. They don’t use the NFL model. So it’s 1 v. 8 and 4 v. 5 on the top half.
Quote 0 0
JeffB
Northern Neighbour wrote:


No. The NBA operates on the bracket format similar to the NCAA and a tennis tournament. They don’t use the NFL model. So it’s 1 v. 8 and 4 v. 5 on the top half.


So let's say Cavs end up 6th and they beat Washington or Indiana in the first round.

Let's say seeds 1, 2, 4/5, 6 move onto the second round. You saying we'd play the winner of the 4/5 matchup and Boston would play the Cavs?
Quote 0 0
Psi
JeffB_STR82DVD wrote:
So let's say Cavs end up 6th and they beat Washington or Indiana in the first round. Let's say seeds 1, 2, 4/5, 6 move onto the second round. You saying we'd play the winner of the 4/5 matchup and Boston would play the Cavs?
Yup correct:

These seedings are used to create a bracket that determines the match-ups throughout the series. Once the playoffs start, the bracket is fixed; teams are never "reseeded", unlike in the National Football League (NFL) and Major League Soccer (MLS) where the strongest remaining teams face the weakest teams in subsequent rounds. The first round of the NBA playoffs, or conference quarterfinals, consists of four match-ups in each conference based on the seedings (1–8, 2–7, 3–6, and 4–5). The four winners advance to the second round, or conference semifinals, with a match-up between the 1–8 and 4–5 winners and a match-up between the 2–7 and 3–6 winners. The two winners advance to the third round, or conference finals. The winner from each conference will advance to the final round, or the NBA Finals.
Quote 0 0
Pzabby_2nd
Psi wrote:
Yup correct:

These seedings are used to create a bracket that determines the match-ups throughout the series. Once the playoffs start, the bracket is fixed; teams are never "reseeded", unlike in the National Football League (NFL) and Major League Soccer (MLS) where the strongest remaining teams face the weakest teams in subsequent rounds. The first round of the NBA playoffs, or conference quarterfinals, consists of four match-ups in each conference based on the seedings (1–8, 2–7, 3–6, and 4–5). The four winners advance to the second round, or conference semifinals, with a match-up between the 1–8 and 4–5 winners and a match-up between the 2–7 and 3–6 winners. The two winners advance to the third round, or conference finals. The winner from each conference will advance to the final round, or the NBA Finals.


I find it hard to believe the Cavs drop to 6 or 7, and I see us winning the conference (knock on wood!). So I'm hoping they get second or third.
Quote 0 0
JeffB
Pzabby_2nd wrote:


I find it hard to believe the Cavs drop to 6 or 7, and I see us winning the conference (knock on wood!). So I'm hoping they get second or third.


2nd place for the Cavs has been out if the question for a month. They're 7.5 games behind Boston.
Quote 0 0
Raptorman
You heard it here first.  Cavs dont make it out of the first round. LeBron will make it happen so his exit is acceptable. 
Quote 0 0
DocHolliday
Raptorman wrote:
You heard it here first.  Cavs dont make it out of the first round. LeBron will make it happen so his exit is acceptable. 


I hope they fall to 7th and face the Celtics in the 1st round and get bounced. 😃
Quote 0 0
JeffB
Quote:
Toronto coach Dwane Casey knew he was in for a fitful sleep that night in December 2013. The Raptors had a deal all set. Kyle Lowry was going to the Knicks for Iman Shumpert, Metta World Peace and a future first-rounder.

“When I went to bed, I understood Kyle was being traded, we were going in another direction,” Casey said. “Then lo and behold, they changed their mind here. Thank goodness. I didn’t want to lose Kyle, his feistiness, his toughness. Sometimes the best deals you make are the ones you don’t. It was a difference-maker, that deal being turned down by New York.”

A difference-maker for both sides. Since killing that deal, which rates among their worst moves in the past often-tortured decade, the Knicks have auditioned no fewer than 18 — honest, eighteen — guys for their point-guard role.

“Of course I’ve thought about it,” Lowry said of the “What if?” aspects, “But ancient history. It’s a situation I can’t really think about because it didn’t happen. “But not my fault,” he added laughing.

So while everyone from Raymond Felton to Emmanuel Mudiay directed the Knicks, the Raptors with Lowry won three Atlantic titles, 48, 49, 56 and 51 games entering this season. Victory No. 49 came Sunday, a 132-106 Garden wipeout of the Knicks, Toronto’s follow-up to a spirited win over Houston that stuffed the Rockets’ winning streak at 17. The Raptors are more than legitimate in their bid for their first Finals appearance.


https://nypost.com/2018/03/11/knicks-failed-kyle-lowry-trade-could-have-changed-everything/
Quote 1 0
elT


Yeah, NY media will keep feeding the rotten beast that is ruining the Knicks for past two decades that I've witnessed and whatever more before that. Lowry wouldn't be the player he is now if he was in NYK and that toxic environment. By far, the biggest part of credit for Lowry's success and transformation goes to Lowry but small and really important goes to Masai, Casey and culture they've built. Without similar culture and structure, Lowry's path would have been even more difficult, maybe even too difficult. 

And they will remain stuck on these hypothetical what if scenarios and keep looking at everything in such a superficial way while that rotten organization keeps ruining one player after another. In a few years, they'll wonder about another player they didn't draft over one of their own while completely ignoring that it is them(media) and the Knicks organization that ruining the careers of these guys. 
Quote 0 0
LKeet6
^i have to say lowry in NYK would not have worked. They never woulda been anything other than ok, or shit, he woulda got pissed off, and it woulda gone south. Luckily it all went NORTH for him! [wink]
Quote 2 0