Acie Show full post »
Berimbolo
elT wrote:


\ Just like with Paul Pierce, supposedly an all time great player. Puhlease.\.



 The Truth is 15th all time in scoring. 15th.



 lol he isnt an all time great?? you are an all time hater. LOL



 he is a no brainer first ballot hall of famer.


 I think you just proved that anytime you voice an opinion about anything Celtics, it should be ignored.
Quote 0 0
elT
Berimbolo wrote:



 The Truth is 15th all time in scoring. 15th.



 lol he isnt an all time great?? you are an all time hater. LOL



 he is a no brainer first ballot no hall of famer.


 I think you just proved that anytime you voice an opinion about anything Celtics, it should be ignored.


http://forums.celticsblog.com/index.php?action=register
Quote 1 0
DocHolliday
Berimbolo wrote:



 its true but it just sucks to be the 1 seed in that situation lol


 The east is super exciting and a team like Philly could get hot and cause all kinds of problems. Even a team like Washington might turn it around when Wall gets back and give people trouble. Miami and Boston both play grind it out, hard defense and Cleveland has that dude.


 I actually agree that i dont see the Bucks capable of winning a series.


The Wiz got Wall back yesterday, Wall had 15 pts/14 assists and was a plus 16 lol.  He looked good as they manhandled Charlotte.  I'm not worried about the Bucks as well.  The 76ers though, the only thing that'll hold them back is their inexperience - overall though I'm not too impressed with their winning streak - it's not against real tough competition and when they do play playoff caliber teams, they lose.
Quote 1 0
Northern Neighbour
When the Celtics went big, I understand Casey taking FVV out because he and Lowry were getting abused. He just couldn’t have both on the court. The answer, however, wasn’t Miles, who couldn’t shoot, pass, or defend. Going with him was idiotic. OG should have been the one in. Then use Siakim at the 3 with Ibaka and JV as the big men to counter against the Morris-Horford-Monroe frontcourt.

Casey got out coached last night, and he and his assistants didn’t adjust appropriately. The team as a whole played tentative in the fourth quarter. You know the Celtics we’re playing zone. The best way to beat the zone is to push the ball up fast and attack the paint immediately. Instead, Lowry and DeRozan lollipopped the ball up the court and allowed Boston to get set defensively. That’s low basketball IQ at its finest (or worst).
Quote 1 0
DocHolliday
Northern Neighbour wrote:
When the Celtics went big, I understand Casey taking FVV out because he and Lowry were getting abused. He just couldn’t have both on the court. The answer, however, wasn’t Miles, who couldn’t shoot, pass, or defend. Going with him was idiotic. OG should have been the one in. Then use Siakim at the 3 with Ibaka and JV as the big men to counter against the Morris-Horford-Monroe frontcourt. Casey got out coached last night, and he and his assistants didn’t adjust appropriately. The team as a whole played tentative in the fourth quarter. You know the Celtics we’re playing zone. The best way to beat the zone is to push the ball up fast and attack the paint immediately. Instead, Lowry and DeRozan lollipopped the ball up the court and allowed Boston to get set defensively. That’s low basketball IQ at its finest (or worst).


this bothered me the most.  It's not the Raptors typical game pace, you could see Casey constantly yelling at this players to push the ball up.  How we watched Klow/DDR play last night is playoff old,  so I'm hoping the team is laying out a style for teams game plan against and then switch it up in the playoffs.

I do like the idea of Siakam at the 3 when Miles' shot is off.
Quote 0 0
Berimbolo
Problem with Miles is he can start 0/5 and then go 3/3 late in the game, too.



 I really wish Siakim could hit 3s even at 30% and a little better corner. He just makes the spacing really tough when not with the right lineup.
Quote 0 0
LX
Not great choices. Miles was the ticket for exploiting the zone and he did play fairly tough getting 5 rebounds.

Ultimately that zone maybe doesn't even show up if they hit their threes.

They did take the threes and they got great assists and generally played quite well and how they wanted to. They played at a pretty good pace through most of the game. They just simply reacted poorly to a bit of a knuckleball and got off of their game from there, but even then there were some good signs with regard to the passing. They did not resort to isos.

I really have to hope that this helps to keep them from fumbling away a game in the playoffs. It is going to come down to hitting threes under pressure. Now they need to be that much more determined not to bow under pressure.

Even with the turnovers, if they had hit on some threes to exploit that zone then they are in pretty good shape. I really felt deflated not just by the misses, but how bad the misses were. Powell, Delon, Fred, DeMar, Lowry, and the terrible looking shots from Miles. Instead of being unconscious those guys looked very conscious of the need to make those shots. And the Celtics did a really good job at getting back in transition when they needed to. They got a bit of an edge and ran with that. The whole thing was well encapsulated by Lowry's three after stepping out of bounds. The results that could have come from making a pretty reasonable attempt at doing what they needed to do eluded them. They simply have to be sharper from a-z.
Quote 1 0
0nekhmer
I think Tatum also caught the raptors by surprise. Had no idea why Lowry was guarding him for nearly a full quarter instead of OG, Wright or even DeMar. Guy is a beast.
Quote 0 0
Pzabby_2nd
Jeff may have been right, in that our lack of 3 point shooting might get exposed in the playoffs.

I just find it hard to believe that Miles Lowry Veet and even Delon will dry up from 3 enough times that we lose a 4 game series because of it. So I'm not as concerned as I would be had we shot our average from deep and still lost

Credit to Boston though, even in a zone they did a great job closing out.
Quote 1 0
Raptorman
HIT A THREE FOR CRYING OUT LOUD!!!!
Quote 0 0
LX
Pzabby_2nd wrote:
Jeff may have been right, in that our lack of 3 point shooting might get exposed in the playoffs.

I just find it hard to believe that Miles Lowry Veet and even Delon will dry up from 3 enough times that we lose a 4 game series because of it. So I'm not as concerned as I would be had we shot our average from deep and still lost

Credit to Boston though, even in a zone they did a great job closing out.


Yeah you take the Cleveland game where they hit shots and still lost and then this game where they lost mostly due to missing shots - they need to find a sweet spot. These failures should help tighten everything up. It does feel that much more important to win game one this time around.
Quote 1 0
edki
Northern Neighbour wrote:
When the Celtics went big, I understand Casey taking FVV out because he and Lowry were getting abused. He just couldn’t have both on the court. The answer, however, wasn’t Miles, who couldn’t shoot, pass, or defend. Going with him was idiotic. OG should have been the one in. Then use Siakim at the 3 with Ibaka and JV as the big men to counter against the Morris-Horford-Monroe frontcourt. Casey got out coached last night, and he and his assistants didn’t adjust appropriately. The team as a whole played tentative in the fourth quarter. You know the Celtics we’re playing zone. The best way to beat the zone is to push the ball up fast and attack the paint immediately. Instead, Lowry and DeRozan lollipopped the ball up the court and allowed Boston to get set defensively. That’s low basketball IQ at its finest (or worst).


exactly!

I was too general in my post but this is what I meant by saying "Casey didn't adjust"

You can't blame a bench player who had a bad game for a loss. You blame coach for not being able to recognize weakness and fix it.
Even if Miles made a few shots he was still abused by Morris on the other end of the floor. I think Morris had a game of the season last night. He should send Casey a gift card.
Quote 0 0