Acie Show full post »
Rudy-T
JeffB_STR82DVD wrote:


Refs didn't have much to do with this loss. Although I can see why you would go that route, being a Lowry fan [wink] 

Lowry was horrible, Ibaka useles (he has been useles a lot lately), and many of the role players worse than usual (Poetl was the worst). We missed a lot of shots that we would normally make also. To me it seems we have hard time concentrating on games sometimes. Most of all Lowry seems to sometimes be totally out of it, while sometimes he is really locked in and contributing like an all-star should. 
Quote 0 0
Tommy C
I’m ok losing some games if the young guys make mistakes but having your vets playing so bad it’s unacceptable.
Seems like Lowry is still trying to find his place within the new system and Ibaka, well I rather us develope Siakam really.
He had very good looks yesterday that just didn’t fall but it’s not just last night.
Some games he looks 28 but more often than not he looks 38 ala Scola.
Quote 0 0
JeffB
Rudy-T wrote:


Refs didn't have much to do with this loss. Although I can see why you would go that route, being a Lowry fan [wink] 

Lowry was horrible, Ibaka useles (he has been useles a lot lately), and many of the role players worse than usual (Poetl was the worst). We missed a lot of shots that we would normally make also. To me it seems we have hard time concentrating on games sometimes. Most of all Lowry seems to sometimes be totally out of it, while sometimes he is really locked in and contributing like an all-star should. 


I didn't go any route. I posted someone's tweet. And last night I called Lowry's game putrid
Quote 0 0
JeffB
Tommy C wrote:
I’m ok losing some games if the young guys make mistakes but having your vets playing so bad it’s unacceptable.
Seems like Lowry is still trying to find his place within the new system and Ibaka, well I rather us develope Siakam really.
He had very good looks yesterday that just didn’t fall but it’s not just last night.
Some games he looks 28 but more often than not he looks 38 ala Scola.


Siakam? Yikes, when we're in halfcourt offense we're playing 4 on 5 with him on the floor. Only effecting in the open court.
Quote 0 0
Tommy C
JeffB_STR82DVD wrote:


Siakam? Yikes, when we're in halfcourt offense we're playing 4 on 5 with him on the floor. Only effecting in the open court.


Yeah he is impacting the game when the team runs but he is also learning the game. It’s not like he has been a scrub. He obviously needs to get much better but seeing how Ibaka plays at the 4 - he is not the answer at the 4 spot, and while Ibaka’s game nowadays suits the 5 spot more he cannot play the 5, on top of that seeing how JV is trying to fit in and improve I don’t see MU moving JV especially if the market isn’t great.
Quote 0 0
DanH
DocHolliday wrote:
I wouldn't mind seeing JV a little less hesitant shooting the 3.  I think it's holding him back and especially in the second half, for example, a play were DDR passed him the ball in the corner and he hesitated then dribbled out and the ball ended up turn over.  Some moments like that, he just needs to shoot.  Small things, he needs to trust himself more, still worried of making mistakes - best way to learn is making them.


This was the first time he's ever made two 3s in a game. Have to give it time before he's comfortable flinging them up in the clutch. But at his current rate of increasing confidence, he could be there this season.

Also, yes, it would have been awesome if he took and made that look late. Building would have come down. But no rush, he'll get there.
Quote 1 0
DocHolliday
DanH wrote:
This was the first time he's ever made two 3s in a game. Have to give it time before he's comfortable flinging them up in the clutch. But at his current rate of increasing confidence, he could be there this season. Also, yes, it would have been awesome if he took and made that look late. Building would have come down. But no rush, he'll get there.


I know I know....I was big in defending JV and believed Casey when he stated in the summer that JV's ceiling was hitting the in-game 3.  I'm just impatient dammit - I want the Finals this year as the East appears weaker than it has been the last few years.
Quote 0 0