Halph-Breed Baller Show full post »
LOG
27pts 15reb vs Germany
Quote 0 0
Charming_Neighbor
Yeah another good one for JV
Quote 0 0
DocHolliday
LOG wrote:
27pts 15reb vs Germany


What a shitty game he had against such low level competition [cookiemonster]
Quote 0 0
moremilk
DocHolliday wrote:


What a shitty game he had against such low level competition [cookiemonster]


tongue in cheek, sure - but the facts remain that 

a. the level of competition was very low in their group
b. on the flip side, JV did much better than past years against the same level of competition.

But, as somebody who actually watch all games (except the Germany one), I didn't see anything different in his game. He's a little better at doing what he did best before, but still struggles with the same issues he struggled last season. 

We'll see how he does in the playoffs, as he starts facing more nba-calibre players.
Quote 0 0
DocHolliday
moremilk wrote:


tongue in cheek, sure - but the facts remain that 

a. the level of competition was very low in their group
b. on the flip side, JV did much better than past years against the same level of competition.

But, as somebody who actually watch all games (except the Germany one), I didn't see anything different in his game. He's a little better at doing what he did best before, but still struggles with the same issues he struggled last season. 

We'll see how he does in the playoffs, as he starts facing more nba-calibre players.



Well, we all know that Euro basketball is just a half step up from the WNBA and any positives that happen should be taken with a grain of salt.  

Some ups and downs but when JV is still on the floor and the Lith coach/media isn't lambasting him, then that's a positive. [cookiemonster]


One a serious note, I don't think the JV supporters here are disillusioned that he's is suddenly going to be a defensive stalwart over a summer.  One of the things I love about retaining Ibaka is his defensive knowledge and IQ.  Now that he's here with a full training camp and 3 full seasons, (and without the immediate pressures of joining a slightly dysfunctional/chemistry-issued team heading into the playoffs), I'm predicating - hoping - that some of Ibaka will rub off on JV when they are playing together more consistently.
Quote 0 0
JoeyJoJo Shabbadu
deaner wrote:
People actually believe JV has somehow drastically improved this summer? He's the same player people. It's the system.


That's horse pucky and you know it.
Quote 0 0
JeffB
JoeyJoJo Shabbadu wrote:


That's horse pucky and you know it.


Horse pucky? You been watching old hee-haw episodes? Lol
Quote 1 0
JoeyJoJo Shabbadu
JeffB_STR82DVD wrote:
Horse pucky? You been watching old hee-haw episodes? Lol


Was more thinking I got it from Mash?

Btw... Marco Belinelli just put up 22.  Probably just the system.
Quote 0 0