LOG Show full post »
deaner
I’m sorry Northern for not subscribing to your participation ribbon therory. There are better versions than others. Casey and Wright don’t compare to probably 2 of top 3 raptor alumni in commitment to the team. The other being Jose off the top of my head.
Quote 0 0
JeffB
Pzabby_2nd wrote:


Was Kawhi that big of a deal 5 years ago?

I agree with you. But Kawhi had a fairly meteoric rise, and wasn't more than just crazy potential for a while.


2013-14 season:

NBA Champion
Finals MVP
2nd team all NBA

2014-15 season:

NBA defensive player of the year
NBA steals leader
NBA all defensive 1st team


Yeah, he was a pretty big deal. And he was also named NBA all-rookie first team in 2012.
Quote 1 0
Northern Neighbour
deaner wrote:
I’m sorry Northern for not subscribing to your participation ribbon therory. There are better versions than others. Casey and Wright don’t compare to probably 2 of top 3 raptor alumni in commitment to the team. The other being Jose off the top of my head.


Just a fucking asinine thing to say. You don't coach a team and raise a family in the city for more than seven years and not be committed.

Casey wasn't the perfect coach (I complained about him more than enough times), but I would never question his commitment. If anything, his desire and desperation to try to get the team over the top led him to do out-of-the-ordinary things. 
Quote 3 0
moremilk
Meh, what does loyal even mean? All these guys liked it here - but that's not loyalty.

Not sure the concept can even be applied in sports.

To be loyal would mean to root for Toronto even after you leave, which clearly makes no sense.
Quote 0 0
Raptorman
moremilk wrote:
Meh, what does loyal even mean? All these guys liked it here - but that's not loyalty.

Not sure the concept can even be applied in sports.

To be loyal would mean to root for Toronto even after you leave, which clearly makes no sense.


No one is pretending these guys are putting Toronto before anything else.  Even Cory Joseph has moved on and plays all out for Indy. They have all moved on and are taking care of their careers. My guess is they feel the same way I feel.  They really wanted it to work in TDot. Thats it. No lingering heartache. This isnt Mafia level loyalty. And when they play us. its extra sweet to beat us. That isnt being  disloyal. 
Quote 5 0
deaner
moremilk wrote:
Meh, what does loyal even mean? All these guys liked it here - but that's not loyalty.

Not sure the concept can even be applied in sports.

To be loyal would mean to root for Toronto even after you leave, which clearly makes no sense.


Like Val’s quote from last week... didn’t he say he was rooting for Toronto... that’s my family. Or something like that?
Quote 0 0
LX
deaner wrote:


Like Val’s quote from last week... didn’t he say he was rooting for Toronto... that’s my family. Or something like that?


Like Casey has always said he’s rooting for his guys wherever they might end up?
Quote 1 0