shadowfax Show full post »
Metallikid
Pzabby_2nd wrote:
We deserved to lose game 5 because of the crowd's (and I'm sure many bars across the city)'s reactions to the injury. It was karmic justice.

The warriors deserve to lose the series for mishandling this as badly as they did and potentially scaring one of the greatest to ever play the game for life. Fuck that, any player, regardless of their greatness. Players aren't just assets. They're people.


I don't think if KD was under contract for next year that they would have done any of the smokescreens and would have just said at the beginning he could maybe play a game 7 or not at all. They wouldn't risk all of next season unless they felt this was likely their last best chance to get a ring during this run, and it was selfish of the staff and surprisingly, of Steve Kerr, to not be the one to hold him out.
Quote 0 0
Wu
Pzabby_2nd wrote:
We deserved to lose game 5 because of the crowd's (and I'm sure many bars across the city)'s reactions to the injury. It was karmic justice.

The warriors deserve to lose the series for mishandling this as badly as they did and potentially scaring one of the greatest to ever play the game for life. Fuck that, any player, regardless of their greatness. Players aren't just assets. They're people.


I think the "raps fans were cheering when KD got injured" narrative has been seriously overblown.

Were there a few fans legitimately cheering that he was injured?  Sure, no doubt.  But there were a great many more who were following the play at the other end of the floor and reacting to that.

And then, in general, as people started to realize what had happened, there was a huge swell of noise in reaction.  Perfectly normal. 
Quote 0 0
Pzabby_2nd
Wu wrote:


I think the "raps fans were cheering when KD got injured" narrative has been seriously overblown.

Were there a few fans legitimately cheering that he was injured?  Sure, no doubt.  But there were a great many more who were following the play at the other end of the floor and reacting to that.

And then, in general, as people started to realize what had happened, there was a huge swell of noise in reaction.  Perfectly normal. 


If the rest of the city was anything like the bar I was at, then no, Raptors fans cheered for that injury. Waived and screamed "bye bye". Etc.

People waived that in the seats close to the floor right at Durant. Let's not pretend a lot of Raptors fans did something heinous that game. Excusable given everything? Maybe. But it still happened.
Quote 0 0
kronic
JeffB_STR82DVD wrote:


Ok, I watched this video and this is exactly what happens. Durant seemingly gets stripped of the ball and the crowd roars. When the crowd realizes he’s down, there ARE definitely some cheers but it’s not like the building erupted. The crowd DOES cheer louder when he gets up and starts walking, albeit clearly still injured. They do this EVERYWHERE as a sign that the guy isn’t MORE seriously hurt. Right after that, the crowd starts the “KD” chant. It’s not like this was some long drawn out cheer watching a seriously injured opponent gobble away. There is not a SINGLE building in ALL of sports that wouldn’t have reacted almost exactly this way. I’m sick of this bullshit “classless” narrative.

When I saw it at home, I instantly jumped up because Ibaka had a clear break, mind you Durant was off screen at this point. When I realized he was down and out, my wife will attest I was furious, screaming at the TV at the WARRIORS for allowing the guy to play.

Golden State is desperate and are looking for bulletin board material and our “classless” fans are all they have.
Quote 1 0
3forthewin
kronic wrote:


Ok, I watched this video and this is exactly what happens. Durant seemingly gets stripped of the ball and the crowd roars. When the crowd realizes he’s down, there ARE definitely some cheers but it’s not like the building erupted. The crowd DOES cheer louder when he gets up and starts walking, albeit clearly still injured. They do this EVERYWHERE as a sign that the guy isn’t MORE seriously hurt. Right after that, the crowd starts the “KD” chant. It’s not like this was some long drawn out cheer watching a seriously injured opponent gobble away. There is not a SINGLE building in ALL of sports that wouldn’t have reacted almost exactly this way. I’m sick of this bullshit “classless” narrative.

When I saw it at home, I instantly jumped up because Ibaka had a clear break, mind you Durant was off screen at this point. When I realized he was down and out, my wife will attest I was furious, screaming at the TV at the WARRIORS for allowing the guy to play.

Golden State is desperate and are looking for bulletin board material and our “classless” fans are all they have.


Very well said, typical reactions from the media and GS players.
Quote 0 0
Rudy-T
3forthewin wrote:


Very well said, typical reactions from the media and GS players.


Do you guys realise that it wasnt GSW players or organization that started complaining? Or even the media. Didnt you notice that Raps players on the court were telling fans to stop it? I understood from a podcast that even the arena announcer asked them to quit it. 

And when Kerr was asked about it in the press conference he didnt attack the fans, but instead gave praise to Lowry, Ibaka etc. for trying to support KD. GSW didnt bring it on Raps fans, they did it themselves. Blaming GSW for that behaviour is the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard. 

And of course it wasnt all the fans at arena or in Jurassic park or bars. Not even most of them. A lot of the fans were cheering for Toronto getting a steal and then later aplauded KD. But it was enough that it wasnt just one or two stupid drunk dudes. Havent you seen the videos with several people in the arena crowd waving goodbye to KD? Considerable enough amount of the fans acted like idiots. I dont hope to see that kind of fan culture in future. 


Quote 3 0
LX
Yeah, i think there was both things going on. The waving was brutal. I’d be happy if those guys were banned for life. 
Quote 0 0
JeffB
[frown]

Quote 0 0
Wu
Should be able to kill some covid time discussing whether or not Toronto fans were "classless".
Quote 0 0