* see the bracket i koin in
2, the Winter Final tournament :
on the same format as the conference tournament, the winter final tournament would be compose of the two finalists of each conference tournament.
The games of the winter tounament (internal and all nba) will not count for the regular season seeding (playoffs or dragt)
C, exemple of a season for a specific team :
For this exemple, i will take the North Conference
I put at least 2 days rest between each session.
No Back to Back (exception at home)
I will take the season 2022-23 to get the expansion done !)
Start of the season : October 25th 2022 :
- Autumn North Conference Session : 14 games
Tuesday October 25th until November 23th
- Session against Pacific Conference : 16 games
Nov 25th until Dec 25th 2022
- Session against Atlantic Conference : 16 games
Dec 27th 2022 until Jan 26th 2022.
- North Conference Tournament : élimination, 3 rounds
From Jan 28th to Feb 2nd 2023.
- 1 week in one city of the conference, exemple here in Indiana.
- Every year a different city
- Winter finals Tournament : 3 rounds
From Feb 4th to Feb 9th 2023.
8 teams final tournament (the 2 finalists of each conference tournament)
(1 week tournament in the city of the all-star)
- 1st round : Feb 4th 2022 – Saturday
- 1st round consolation ; Feb 5th 2022 - Sunday
- 2nd round : Feb 6th 2022 - Monday
- 2nd round consolation ; Feb 7th - Tuesday
- 3rd round Consolation : Feb 8th – Wednesday
- 3rd round / Final ; Feb 9th – Thursday
- All Star : Feb 10th to FEB 12th
- Pause : Feb 13th to Feb 15th
- Session against South Conference : 16 games
Feb 16th until March 16th 2023.
- Spring North Conference Session : 14 games
March 18th until April 12th 2023.
- Start of the Playoffs : April 15th
D, regular season impact :
D,1 : seeding impact : the seeding at the end of the winter tournament will serve two purposes :
- lottery bonus for team in the lower seed.
For exemple ;
A team in the north conference finish the season with a 18W-58L, last in their conference. If they pass the first round of the winter tournament (intern conference) they get a point bonus in the lottery.
If they pass the second round of the intern conference tournament they get another point bonus in the lottery, etc...
- Playoffs team which win the tournament get home court advantage during all the playoffs, whatever the seeding during regular season and the seeding of their opponent.
- In case a team which don’t make the playoffs from regular season seeding, but goes to the final of the intern conference tournament, this team will play a game against the team with the worst record of the conference which make the playoffs (6th seed)
D,2 : Number of games during the regular season for every team ;
- Two intern conference sessions : 28 games
- Three sessions against others conferences : 48 games
REGULAR SEASON = 76 games
- Winter tournament (intern conference part) : 3 games
- Winter Tournament (Allstar city) : 3 games
Winter tournament : 3 to 6 games
- a team in a conference which finish the intern tournament under the second place would play a total of 79 games before the playoffs.
- a team which goes to the final winter tournament, would play 82 games.
E, Playoffs :
E,1 : Internal conference :
*0. preliminary game : elimination game
In case a team which don’t make the playoffs from regular season seeding, but goes to the final of the intern conference tournament, this team will play a game against the team with the worst record of the conference which make the playoffs (6th seed)
1, First round : 3 Games series
Team seeded between 3rd and 6th play an entry round, in the best of 3 games.
2, Second round : 5 games series
the winners of the entry round face the 2 best teams of the conference.
The two winners the conference rounds go to the finals (8 teams total)
The first season of this format, at the begging of the season (or during the draft), a flip coin choose which conference will face the other one.
For exemple, North finalists would play the Pacific Finalists, and the Atlantic finalists would face the South Finalists.
At after that first year it’s a three year turn-around.
And every fourth year, we do another coin flip to start the new three year turn-around.
The seeding of the regular season apply for the seeding of the quarter finals :
in this exemple the first team of the North Conference got the best record in the regular season (all nba), the 1st in the South got the second best record, etc....
Of course if the 2nd team in a conference got a better regular season record than the first team of the opponent conference, it will get home court advantage. The exception would be if the opponent team had won the winter tournament.
3, Quarter finals : 7 games series :
a : 1st North Vs 2nd Pacific
b : 1st Pacific Vs 2nd North
c : 1st South Vs 2nd Atlantic
d : 1st Atlantic Vs 2nd South
3, Semi final : 7 games series :
e : Winner of Serie A Vs Winner of Serie D
f : Winner of Serie B Vs Winner of Serie C
4, Finals : 7 games series :
Winner of serie E Vs Winner serie F
4, Other aspects of the season :
a, back to back :
- Preferably home-to-home back-to-back
- if not, close locations back-to-back (2LA, 2NY, 2 Florida, 2 Valley, 2 Texas, etc...)
- No trade outside the conference during Intern Conference Autunmal Session.
- No trade during the Winter tournament.
- Open trade between the autumn conference session and the deadline.
- Ide Trade : A 3 days trade window between the march 13th and March 15th
also the deadline to sign player eligible for the playoffs.
- No trade between the start of the playoffs and 48h before the draft.
C, draft :
Only 8 teams lottery (the 2 worst record of each conference)
If a lottery bound team win its preliminary playoffs game, it will be exclude from the lottery.
No change in the actual process, if not for the point added for winning a round during the winter tournament.