JeffB
@wojespn
Source: Stan Van Gundy and the Pistons have parted ways.

@wojespn
Sources: One candidate expected to be strongly considered for a role in a revamped Pistons front office -- Brent Barry.
Quote 0 0
Dario
 
Quote:

Dear Detroit, Sorry about taking Kennard over Mitchell, overpaying Reggie Jackson, taking Stanley Johnson over getting four 1sts from Boston, ruining your salary cap with the Blake trade, and leaving you without a 2018 1st. I’m gonna go do TV, I’ll see you later. —Thanks, SVG



lol

 

Quote 0 0
JeffB
Dario wrote:
 


lol

 



So true. He's set that franchise back years. Lol
Quote 0 0
Northern Neighbour
Remember all the people clamouring to have SVG as the Raptors' head coach?
Quote 0 0
Acie
Stack will definitely be in contention for this gig.
Quote 0 0
JeffB
Northern Neighbour wrote:
Remember all the people clamouring to have SVG as the Raptors' head coach?


I think he's a pretty good coach. Detroit went wrong by giving him the other titles.
Quote 1 0
edki
Detroit tried to build their team without top level talent. In my opinion days of the "hard working team has a chance" are over...
Quote 0 0
elT
edki wrote:
Detroit tried to build their team without top level talent. In my opinion days of the "hard working team has a chance" are over...


Injury ravaged Boston Celtics about to go to ECF say "Hi".

Today is more about the team than it has been in a long time.
Quote 0 0
edki
elT wrote:


Injury ravaged Boston Celtics about to go to ECF say "Hi".

Today is more about the team than it has been in a long time.


BOS do have top level talent in their young guys. Tatum will be an all star probably already in the next season. Al Horfort is not your typical flashy star but he's among top big men in the league. On top of all this BOS do play hard team basketball.
Quote 0 0
elT
edki wrote:


BOS do have top level talent in their young guys. Tatum will be an all star probably already in the next season. Al Horfort is not your typical flashy star but he's among top big men in the league. On top of all this BOS do play hard team basketball.


Yeah but none of those guys is "take over a game and crush your dreams" kind of player which is what I assumed you mean by "top level talent". Boston's current play is really all team on both ends. Every night, there's a different player stepping up. And Al Horford is just always there doing stuff few appreciate. It is great to see, it is win for basketball and not "the process" or "fantasy basketball" that they beat in the first round.
Quote 0 0
CobraKing
JeffB_STR82DVD wrote:
I think he's a pretty good coach. Detroit went wrong by giving him the other titles.


Agreed on this. Would've been better for them in the long run to have dedicated people for those additional roles.
Quote 0 0