Northern Neighbour
Over the next 3 weeks, TSN and SportsNet will be counting down the 25 greatest players to put on a Raptors jersey. Their lists focus on just a player's time in Raptors' red and purple, so a player's entire body of work isn't considered. 

TSN's list includes:

25. Jerome "the Junk Yard Dog" Williams
24. Patrick Patterson
23. Lou Williams
22. Donyell Marshall
21. Tracy McGrady
20. Andrea Bargnani
19. Danny Green
18. Anthony Parker
17. Serge Ibaka
16. Fred VanVleet
15. Charles Oakley
14. Amir Johnson
13. Doug Christie
12. Alvin Williams
11. Morris Peterson
10. Jose Calderon
9. Jonas Valanciunas
8. Antonio Davis
7. Damon Stoudemire
6. Pascal Siakam
5. Chris Bosh
4. Vince Carter
3. DeMar DeRozan
2. Kawhi Leonard
1. Kyle Lowry

SportsNet shared all 25, and they are:

25. T.J. Ford
24. Jerome "JYD" Williams
23. Lou Williams
22. Jalen Rose
21. Marc Gasol
20. Danny Green
19. Anthony Parker
18. Doug Christie
17. Serge Ibaka
16. Amir Johnson
15. Charles Oakley
14. Fred VanVleet
13. Alvin Williams
12. Morris Peterson
11. Tracy McGrady
10. Pascal Siakam
9. Antonio Davis
8. Jonas Valanciunas
7. Jose Calderon
6. Damon Stoudemire
5. Chris Bosh
4. Vince Carter
3. DeMar DeRozan
2. Kawhi Leonard
1. Kyle Lowry
Quote 0 0
Pzabby_2nd
That's a tough call between Demar and Kawhi. Yes Kawhi got the chip. But Demar rebuilt this organization alongside Masai and Lowry to go from a perennial losing culture, to a winning culture. I think the effect if the latter is far greater - especially long term (including into this season and beyond) than one season leading to a championship.
Quote 0 0
elT
No way Bargnani deserves to be anywhere on that list. Him being 20th makes the entire TSN list immediately fail. They should revise it before it is too late.

They go on and write this about him:
Quote:
An early retirement from basketball speaks to what most people suspected for the bulk of his career: he just wasn’t that committed to the game. That was his real sin. It’s not that he wasn’t good. It’s that he wasn’t nearly as good as he should have been.


AND YOU REWARD THAT BY PUTTING HIM TOP 20? FUCK OFF!

The entire Bargnani write up is a bunch of apologetic crap as if it was written by Bargnani's mom or mistress.
Quote 1 0
elT
Pzabby_2nd wrote:
That's a tough call between Demar and Kawhi. Yes Kawhi got the chip. But Demar rebuilt this organization alongside Masai and Lowry to go from a perennial losing culture, to a winning culture. I think the effect if the latter is far greater - especially long term (including into this season and beyond) than one season leading to a championship.


Championship doesn't happen without any of them and Casey. DDR gets some credit for everything Kawhi was able to do, same with Casey and Nurse. But only one of those guys actually did it and the other two did it by proxy. While DDR is my favorite Raptor of all time and one of the favorite NBA players, Kawhi's playoff run was that good, that rare and that deadly that he could easily be #1 overall. Together with it being the first championship, it has special value.
Quote 0 0
Pzabby_2nd
elT wrote:


Championship doesn't happen without any of them and Casey. DDR gets some credit for everything Kawhi was able to do, same with Casey and Nurse. But only one of those guys actually did it and the other two did it by proxy. While DDR is my favorite Raptor of all time and one of the favorite NBA players, Kawhi's playoff run was that good, that rare and that deadly that he could easily be #1 overall. Together with it being the first championship, it has special value.


I think it ultimately comes down to how you define "greatest", and what you think the question is asking. I think it is implicitely asking "greatest (with regards to impact for the raptors as a franchise)". Again, this isn't to discredit Kawhi - to play only one season and land yourself in the top 3 is fucking impressive as hell. I just think Demar did more for the organization (not singlehandedly, but he played a big role in setting up the core of this team as a "winner"). And that will continue a long time, ala spurs.
Quote 0 0
elT
Pzabby_2nd wrote:


I think it ultimately comes down to how you define "greatest", and what you think the question is asking. I think it is implicitely asking "greatest (with regards to impact for the raptors as a franchise)". Again, this isn't to discredit Kawhi - to play only one season and land yourself in the top 3 is fucking impressive as hell. I just think Demar did more for the organization (not singlehandedly, but he played a big role in setting up the core of this team as a "winner"). And that will continue a long time, ala spurs.


The whole thing with lists is rather pointless. Be it albums, bands, basketball players or boobs. We're all suckers for different things and in different ways.

I'm neither agreeing with you or disagreeing it you, I honestly don't really care beyond the scandalous Bargnani placement that is both painful and insulting. Top three in any order is fine with me and I merely offered part of the case for Kawhi.
Quote 0 0
shadowfax
TJ Ford ?...seriously ?
and not having Alvin listed in the top 10 is a fucking joke imho
Quote 0 0
JeffB
shadowfax wrote:
TJ Ford ?...seriously ?
and not having Alvin listed in the top 10 is a fucking joke imho


TJ Ford was awesome before he got hurt.
Quote 0 0
'trane
I have lots of feelings about this list, but the most egregious is that jose is at least 10 spots too high.
Quote 0 0
Northern Neighbour
'trane wrote:
I have lots of feelings about this list, but the most egregious is that jose is at least 10 spots too high.


I agree - Calderon is way too high. He's not a top-10 Raptor IMO. I think McGrady is also too high on SportsNet's list while Alvin Williams is too low. The top-6 are locks, though.

I also agree with elT on Bargnani - he shouldn't be on any list. 
Quote 0 0
JeffB
25. TJ Ford 
24. Jalen Rose
23. Tracy McGrady
22. Jerome "JYD" Williams
21. Jose Calderon
20. Lou Williams 
19. Morris Paterson 
18. Marc Gasol
17. Danny Green
16. Anthony Parker
15. Fred VanVleet
14. Amir Johnson
13. Serge Ibaka
12. Doug Christie
11. Alvin Williams 
10. Charles Oakley 
9. Pascal Siakam
8. Antonio Davis
7. Jonas Valanciunas
6. Damon Stoudemire
5. Chris Bosh
4. Vince Carter
3. DeMar DeRozan
2. Kawhi Leonard
1. Kyle Lowry
Quote 0 0
Northern Neighbour
TSN has added numbers 11 to 15. The OP has been updated. 
Quote 0 0
Northern Neighbour
Numbers 6 to 10 have been revealed by TSN. Siakam at #6? Maybe by the end of the year, but today that ranking seems too high. 
Quote 0 0
Northern Neighbour
TSN has completed its list with the predictable top-5. As an aside, Lewenberg constantly misspells "complementary" or "complement". 
Quote 0 0
Pzabby_2nd
I'd definitely be putting freddy above JV. Freddy helped win us a chip! Sure, JV didn't get the chance to with a true superstar on the roster, but that doesn't take away from freddy having performed on the big stage.
Quote 0 0